Physical activity is vital for a child’s development and lays the foundation for a healthy and active life. The first five years of their life are the most important years for their growth and development. It’s during this time that they’ll develop the habits that they’ll take with them into adulthood. At Kids on 4th, we have partnered with Little Leagies to deliver a health and fitness program focused on developing various skills used in many sports.
Benefits of regular physical activity
- Healthy growth and development including being a healthy weight and reducing the risk of disease like diabetes or cancer later in life
- Building strong hearts, muscles and bones
- Learning fundamental movement skills
- Improved movement, balance, coordination and reaction time
- Increased mental wellbeing
- Improved social skills, self-esteem and confidence
Every Thursday Coach Vienna takes our Seahorses, Dolphins and Sharks through a fun 30 minute Little Leagies session. As with all of the extra curricular activities at Kids on 4th, Little Leagies is provided at no additional cost to families.